Whether you are a makeup guru, or prefer a more subtle look, chances are, you have a few makeup brushes in your arsenal. The
proper brush is essential when it comes to achieving the desired look with any beauty product. But there are so many to choose from, it can be difficult to find the one right for your needs. Avon offers 12 unique brushes, each specially designed for exact product application and predictable results, every time. Let’s review…
First off, Avon’s line of makeup brushes come in two different materials. About half the brushes are made of nylon bristles (brow brush, eyeliner brush, etc) and the rest are made of natural fibers
(eyeshadow brushes, blush brushes, etc). Natural fibers? Turns out the “natural fibers” are made of shiny back ferrule goat hair, and/or pony hair, which seems to be the standard in the makeup industry and is suitable for sensitive skin.
AVON PRO FOUNDATION BRUSH
Professional-quality brush distributes and blends foundation to create an ultra smooth, even finish. It’s ideal for liquid foundation.
• Apply small amount of foundation to brush and blend onto skin
• Use the back of the hand like a palette: Dip the brush into foundation placed on the back of the hand, then apply foundation with short, brisk strokes
AVON PRO CONCEALER BRUSH
This complexion-perfecting brush creates flawless coverage. Best used for spot-concealing blemishes, undereye circles and other skin imperfections. Precision nylon bristles are perfect for targeted coverage and seamless blending.
• Use the firm nylon bristles for flawless coverage
• Specially designed flat side for overall even blending and tapered point for precise spot application
AVON PRO CONTOUR BRUSH
Chisel and define with this contour brush which is designed for targeted contouring and creating strong, sculpted looks. Perfect for cream-to-powders and powders.
THE ART OF SCULPTING
After applying a foundation that matches your skin tone, apply a darker shade:
1. Along the hairline
2. In the hollow of the cheek
3. Underneath the jawline
TIP: To find the cheekbones, suck in the cheeks and make a kissy face.
Apply a lighter shade:
4. To the center of forehead
5. Down the bridge of the nose
6. To the center of the chin
TIP: The trick is to draw down the center of the face
AVON PRO CREASE BRUSH
A shadow sculpting brush with broad tapered bristles to allow complete control and contouring.
• Use to apply and contour eye shadow in the crease of your eyelid
AVON PRO EYE SHADOW BRUSH
An all purpose brush that sweeps and blends eyeshadow expertly onto the eyelid.
• Sweep and blend eye shadow evenly and seamlessly in the eye area
• Dip the brush in shadow, tap excess shadow off and use brush to apply shadow across the lid, near the lash line
AVON PRO CREAM EYE SHADOW BRUSH
A cream eyeshadow brush with densely packed bristles that provide a smooth and even application.
• Use tip to smudge cream color for a sultry effect
• Swirl the brush in shadow and apply to inner corner or brow bone for highlighting
AVON PRO EYELINER BRUSH, DUAL-ENDED
Angled for precision, smudger for smoky look.
• Use the angled brush end to apply a precise line
• Use the other end to smudge the liner
AVON PRO BROW BRUSH
A two-sided comb that allows you to groom your brows or separate and define your lashes. One end has a comb/brush combo and the other has a lash brush.
• Use mascara brush on lashes to separate and define or to use brow comb/brush for grooming eyebrows
AVON PRO BLUSH BRUSH
It’s a full-sized face brush that defines, sculpts and shapes the face expertly.
• Use the contoured brush to create and accentuate cheekbones
• Hold the brush so the bristles are horizontal
• Dust blush or bronzer along the lower cheekbone and blend upward
AVON PRO BRONZER BRUSH
A flat flared brush that evenly distributes bronzer for a gorgeous natural-looking glow.
• Tap excess color from brush then buff or sweep on cheeks and face
• Swirl brush in circular motion on the apples of the cheeks or up the cheekbone
AVON PRO POWDER BRUSH
Ready, set, powder! A brush with super-soft, ultra-luxe bristles that make sure pressed and loose powders go on light and right for the ultimate finish. Create a powder perfect finish with this full bristle brush.
• Dip brush into loose powder or swirl into a compact
• Tap or blow lightly on the brush to rid it of excess powder
• Dust over the T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) first, then lightly dust under eyes and around the corners of the mouth
Last, but not least, don’t forget to clean your brushes at least once a week to prevent product build-up and potential problems! Use warm water and a little toxin-free shampoo (like baby shampoo). Swirl in a cup, use your fingers to clean the hairs gently in the direction of the hair, then run under clean water until the water runs clear. Air dry on a paper towel with the brush hanging flat over the sink overnight. Do not dry brushes upright (with the hair pointing up) as moisture and particles can collect into the base of the brush and cause the hair to eventually fan out or shed, or even loosen your handle.
I hope this helps your understanding of Avon’s amazing Pro Makeup Brushes, and will help you get the most out of your Avon products. Using the right tools makes makeup a lot more fun!